Setting up Lifecycle Insights for ConnectWise Data Integration
Total Estimated time: Less than 15 minutes
The purpose of this document is to instruct you how to configure both ConnectWise Manage and Lifecycle Insights so that data integration can occur between the two platforms. At this point, data only moves from ConnectWise Manage to Lifecycle Insights.
This document is broken down into three sections.
- ConnectWise Manage Configuration
- You will set up a Security Role and API Member within ConnectWise Manage.
- You will also collect 4 data points that will be used when configuring Lifecycle Insights.
- Lifecycle Insights Configuration
- You will enter the 4 data points collected in first step into ConnectWise Configuration panel in Lifecycle Insights
ConnectWise Manage Configuration
Estimated Time: 5 minutes
There is a simple set up in ConnectWise to allow for data to be pulled into Lifecycle Insights. The following steps will walk you through this process. The key events that will take place are:
- Create a Security Role with limited, read only access
- Create an API member that is assigned to the preceding Security Role
- Collect 4 data points that will later be used to set up the integration in Lifecycle Insights. We strongly suggest you open up your favorite text editor (IE. notepad or similar); and copy/paste the data points into that editor as we move along the process.
- Go to your ConnectWise Manage login page. Before logging in, we will capture 2 of the 4 data points we need. Specifically, your ConnectWise Base URL, and ConnectWise Company Identifier.
2. Please copy and paste the Base URL and Company Identifier values to your text editor.
3. Click Login
4. In the Left Nav Pane, click System, then click Security Roles as shown below.
5. Click on the + sign to Add a new Security Role
6. Enter a Role ID (1) and click Save (2) icon.
7. Expand Companies entity, and change Inquire Level to All for the following three areas:
- Company Maintenance
8. Note: If you want to enable Write back of Purchase Date and / or Warranty Expiration Date, change Edit Level to All for Configurations
9. Expand Finance entity, and change Inquire Level to All for Agreements. Note: This is required if you want to import agreements into LCI as contracts.
10. Expand Service Desk entity
- Find Service Tickets. Change Add Level to All, Edit Level to All and Inquire Level to All.
- Find Close Service Tickets. Change Add Level to All, Edit Level to All, change Inquire Level to All
11. Expand the System entity, and change Inquire Level to All for Table Setup
- Optionally, you may customize Table Setup and only explicitly allow access to Company Status, Company Type, Configuration, Configuration Status, Contact Type and Service Boards.
12. Then click the Save icon
13. Now, we will add the API Member. Click on System (1), then Members (2) as shown below.
14. Click on the API Members tab.
15. Click the + sign to add a new member
16. Enter required fields
- Member ID: lci_api (or similar)
- Member Name: LCI API (or similar)
- Role ID: Pick the Role ID (Lifecycle API or similar) you created in previous step
- Accept defaults or specify values for the rest of the fields
- Click the Save Icon
17. Click on API Keys tab.
18. Click + sign to add new key
19. Enter Description, and click Save Icon
20. Copy and paste the Public Key and Private Key values to your text editor.
Lifecycle Insights Configuration
Estimated time: 5 minutes
Earlier, when configuring ConnectWise, you wrote down/stored 4 data points. Specifically:
- Company Identifier
- Base URL
- API Public Key
- API Private Key
We will need to have access those 4 data points to set up the ConnectWise Data Integration in Lifecycle Insights.
- Log into Lifecycle Insights using the username and password you created in the previous section. The login URL is: https://master.lifecycleinsights.io/signIn .
- Once logged in, notice the Left Navigation pane has an Integrations Option under Administration. Click on Integrations, and your main content pane will show the list of available integration sources. Choose ConnectWise Manage.
3. Next, please fill in the form
- Check ConnectWise Integration Active
- Enter/paste the Company Identifier exactly as you recorded it earlier
- Enter/paste the API Base URL exactly as you recorded it earlier
- Enter/paste the API Public Key exactly as you recorded it earlier
- Enter/paste the API Private Key exactly as you recorded it earlier
4. Click Test Settings. You should see a message 'Connection Successful.' If you do not, please email us.
5. Click Save Settings. If this is the first time you are saving your credentials, and the ConnectWise Integration Active box is checked… LCI will immediately launch into the initial sync process.
Note: Once the CW configuration is set up, it can take up to 1 hour for the initial data sync. This delay only occurs on the initial sync. You should receive an email once the initial sync is complete.