Setting up Lifecycle Insights for Syncro Data Integration
Sign up for a free 30 day trial for 5 clients here: Free trial (credit card required but not charged - you will be notified before the trial expires). If you want to look at our pricing packages, you can find pricing here.
You will receive an email confirming your login so that you can integrate your Syncro instance.
Total Estimated time: Less than 10 minutes
The purpose of this document is to instruct you how to configure both Syncro and Lifecycle Insights so that data integration can occur between the two platforms. At this point, data only moves from Syncro to Lifecycle Insights.
This document is broken down into two sections.
- Syncro Configuration
- You will generate an API Token in Syncro, and copy that key to be input into Lifecycle Insights.
- Lifecycle Insights Configuration
- You will enter the API Key into Syncro Configuration panel in Lifecycle Insights
Estimated Time: < 5 minutes
Lifecycle Insights needs an API key and base URL to connect to Syncro. The following outlines the steps to obtain these two data points. Please either open a separate browser tab to allow for copy or pasting, or copy and paste the values to your favorite text editor before continuing to Lifecycle Insights Configuration.
We need to capture the base URL for your Syncro instance. This URL should follow the following convention - https://<<name>>.syncromsp.com/ - where <<name>> is the name of your instance. You can find this value by looking at the address bar in your browser once logged into Syncro.
API Key /Token
Log into Syncro using an account that has Admin access rights. Once logged in, click on your name in the upper right hand corner, and select Profile/Password
Once you do that, click on API Tokens.
On the API Tokens page, click on + New Token button.
This will bring you to the New Token page. Click on Custom Permissions tab.
For Name, enter: Lifecycle Insights (or similar).
You may optionally set an Expiration Date. If you do, please remember that the integration will stop working on that date.
Check the following permissions:
- Assets – View Details
- Assets – List/Search
- Assets - Edit *** Only select this if you want to write back purchase and warranty expiration dates!
- Customers – List/Search
- Tickets - List/Search
- Tickets - Create
- Tickets - Edit
- Ticket Comments - New
Finally, click the Create API Token button at the bottom.
Once you click on the Create API Token button, you will be presented with the API Key. Copy and store this token as you will need to enter this into Lifecycle Insights and you will not be able to retrieve it again!
Now that you have your Base URL and API Key, let's configure Lifecycle Insights.
Lifecycle Insights Configuration
Estimated time: < 5 minutes
There are two data points you will need in order to configure Syncro with Lifecycle Insights.
- Log into Lifecycle Insights using the username and password you created in the previous section. The login URL is: https://master.lifecycleinsights.io/signIn .
- Once logged in, notice the Left Navigation pane has an Integrations Option under Administration. Click on Integrations, and your main content pane will show the list of available integration sources. Choose Syncro.
- Next, please fill in the form
- Check Syncro Integration Active
- Enter the Base URL
- Enter/paste the API Key exactly as you recorded it earlier
- Click Test Settings. You should see a message 'Connection Successful.' If you do not, please email us.
- Click Save Settings. If this is the first time you are saving your credentials, and the Syncro Integration Active box is checked… LCI will immediately launch into the initial sync process.
Note: Once the Syncro configuration is set up, it can take up to 1 hour for the initial data sync. This delay only occurs on the initial sync. You should receive an email once the initial sync is complete.