Lifecycle Insights allows you to import your contracts from Autotask. You can do this if your primary integration is with either Autotask or ITGlue.
This particular article outlines how to import Contracts when you have set up ITGlue as your primary integration.
There is a simple set up in Autotask to allow for data to be pulled into Lifecycle Insights. The following steps will walk you through this process. The key events that will take place are:
- Create an API user account
- Setting up a Custom Security Level
Lifecycle Insights requires API credentials to connect to Autotask. The following outlines the steps to define the API user. You must have Admin rights in Autotask to perform these steps.
Once logged into Autotask, go to Admin, expand RESOURCES/USERS(HR) and select Resources/Users. All of these options are in the Features & Settings tab.
Click the New button.
Once you click New, a new dialog window will appear. There are a number of required fields that you must enter for the new user, including First Name, Last Name, Email address, etc. These are Autotask requirements that must be completed.
Once you fill out the required fields in the General tab, click on the Security tab. Fill out the fields in this order:
- Security Level – Select API User (system)
- You may create a custom security level by copying the API User (System) security level. See Setting up a Custom Security Level in next section.
- Username – Enter value (IE. lciapi)
- Password and Confirm Password– Enter unique, strong password
- API Tracking Identifier – Select Integration Vendor radio button, then select: Lifecycle Insights – Business…
Click Save. There a number of other Autotask Required fields to fill out. You will be prompted as to which ones. Please fill them out and Save and Close when done.
Make sure you copy/write down the full username and password. You will need this information when setting up integration in LCI.
Setting up a Custom Security Level
Autotask comes with a default security level for API accounts – called API User (System). You will likely want to use a more restricted security level. If this is the case, make a copy of the API User (System) security level, and make the appropriate modifications as noted below.
- Go to Autotask Admin page
- Expand RESOURCES/USERS (HR)
- In the Security section, click on Security Levels
- Right click on API User (System) (API-only) and click Copy Security Level
- Name the security level (IE. LCI API User)
- Hit the + sign to open up Contracts
- In the Object Permissions box, set View to All
- Under Contract Visibility, set dropdown to Full
- Hit the + sign to open up CRM
- Set Permission to All for all the objects
- After saving and closing, you can then associate this security level to the API user you created earlier.
Lifecycle Insights Configuration
Earlier, when configuring Autotask, you wrote down/stored 2 data points. Specifically:
- API Username
- API Password
We will need to have access those 2 data points to set up the Autotask Data Integration in Lifecycle Insights.
1. Log into Lifecycle Insights using the username and password you created in the previous section. The login URL is: https://master.lifecycleinsights.io/signIn .
2. Once logged in, notice the Left Navigation pane has an Integrations Option under Administration. Click on Integrations. Next, look for the section labeled PSA Integration - Configure your PSA to integrate with LCI Contracts.
3. Click on Autotask
4. Next, fill in the form
- Check Pull Contracts from Datto Autotask
- Enter/paste the API User Name exactly as you recorded it earlier
- Enter/paste the API Password exactly as you recorded it earlier
5. Click Test Settings. You should see a message 'Connection Successful.' If you do not, please email us.
6. Click Save Settings.
At this point you are done with the Autotask Configuration Setup. The rest of the article discusses how you actually import the Contracts from Autotask into LCI
Importing Contracts when ITGlue is your Primary Integration Source
To import Contracts, you must be on the Contracts Page. When you are there, you will initiate the import by clicking on the Import from Autotask button as shown below.
If this is the first time you are importing data from Autotask into LCI, we must first map the Company record from ITGlue to the Company record from Autotask. You will only receive this mapping screen once per company.
Once the company mapping is complete, you will be presented with a list of Contracts for the selected company you are working with. By default only Contracts. If you would like to look at the individual Services that are under that Contract, you can click the checkbox labeled Show Services Under Contract?.
At this point, you can now decide to Import at any level (Contract or Service). To import the contract or service, click on the Import icon next to the line item as show below.
Once you click the Import icon, LCI will go out and grab the Contract or Service and load it as a contract in LCI.
Note that if ITGlue is your primary integration source in LCI, we cannot pull any associated assets/configurations as defined in Autotask. So linking assets to the Contract will need to be done in LCI.
Imported Contracts will be designated with ** in the Contracts List.
Additionally, imported contracts will have certain fields that are not editable. Those fields are controlled by the sync process with Autotask. Or another way to say this is that if you want to update the following fields in LCI - that update must happen in Autotask, or you should copy the imported Contract to an LCI Contract (in which case you can update every field).
Autotask Contracts will be sync'd to LCI during your nightly build process. If you wish to sync on demand, you can click the Initiate Contracts PSA Sync Now! button.