If you have decided to set your primary integration for Lifecycle Insights with IT Glue, you may choose to supplement your IT Glue data with Tickets and Agreements from CW Manage. The following document walks you through how to do that.
ConnectWise Manage Configuration
Estimated Time: 5 minutes
There is a simple set up in ConnectWise to allow for data to be pulled into Lifecycle Insights. The following steps will walk you through this process. The key events that will take place are:
- Create a Security Role with limited, read only access
- Create an API member that is assigned to the preceding Security Role
- Collect 4 data points that will later be used to set up the integration in Lifecycle Insights. We strongly suggest you open up your favorite text editor (IE. notepad or similar); and copy/paste the data points into that editor as we move along the process.
- Go to your ConnectWise Manage login page. Before logging in, we will capture 2 of the 4 data points we need. Specifically, your ConnectWise Base URL, and ConnectWise Company Identifier.
2. Please copy and paste the Base URL and Company Identifier values to your text editor.
3. Click Login
4. In the Left Nav Pane, click System, then click Security Roles as shown below.
5. Click on the + sign to Add a new Security Role
6. Enter a Role ID (1) and click Save (2) icon.
7. Expand Companies entity, and change Inquire Level to All for the following area:
- Company Maintenance
8. Expand Finance entity, and change Inquire Level to All for Agreements. Note: This is required if you want to import agreements into LCI as contracts.
9. Expand Service Desk entity
- Find Service Tickets. Change Add Level to All, Edit Level to All and Inquire Level to All.
- Find Close Service Tickets. Change Add Level to All, Edit Level to All, change Inquire Level to All
10. Expand System entity
- Find Table Setup. First, ensure Inquire Level is set to All
- Next, click customize
- Move Service / Service Board into the Allow Access to these column
- Click Save
11. Then click the Save icon
12. Now, we will add the API Member. Click on System (1), then Members (2) as shown below.
13. Click on the API Members tab.
14. Click the + sign to add a new member
15. Enter required fields
- Member ID: lci_api (or similar)
- Member Name: LCI API (or similar)
- Role ID: Pick the Role ID (Lifecycle API or similar) you created in previous step
- Accept defaults or specify values for the rest of the fields
- Click the Save Icon
16. Click on API Keys tab.
17. Click + sign to add new key
18. Enter Description, and click Save Icon
19. Copy and paste the Public Key and Private Key values to your text editor.
Lifecycle Insights Configuration
Estimated time: 5 minutes
Earlier, when configuring ConnectWise, you wrote down/stored 4 data points. Specifically:
- Company Identifier
- Base URL
- API Public Key
- API Private Key
We will need to have access those 4 data points to set up the ConnectWise Data Integration in Lifecycle Insights.
7. Click on the tab called Link Companies to IT GLUE
On this tab, you must match any of your active companies from IT Glue to companies from Connectwise Manage. It is this company matching that allows LCI to understand how tickets from Connectwise Manage are associated with companies from IT Glue.