If you have decided to set your primary integration for Lifecycle Insights with IT Glue, you may choose to supplement your IT Glue data with Tickets from Halo. The following document walks you through how to do that.
1. Log into Halo PSA and enter the Administration Panel
2. In the Administration Panel, under Advanced - click on Integrations
3. Click on HaloPSA API
4. Click on View Applications
5. Click on New in the upper right hand corner
6. In the Add an Application page, enter the following
- Application Name: Lifecycle Insights (or similar)
- Ensure Active is checked
- Authentication Method - Client ID and Secret
- Login Type- Agent
- Agent to log in as... - Choose an agent with rights to Assets, Customers, Contracts, Projects and Tickets
IMPORTANT - At this point, you will be shown a Client ID and Client Secret. Copy these values as you will need these to enter into LCI.
7. When you click Save, you will be prompted that there are no permissions set for the application. So next will we establish the permissions. Click on the Permissions tab.
8. Click on Edit on the top tool bar. Once you do that, you can select the required permissions. Please select the following:
- read: tickets
- edit: tickets
- read: customers
- read: contracts *
* denotes that LCI will require these permissions for future use. Will not be used right away.
9. Click Save.
10. On the breadcrumb trail at the top, click on HaloPSA API.
11. Under API Details, you will need the following information when inputting data into LCI. Please copy this information or have it readily available for the next step.
- Resource Server
- Authorisation Server
So to recap, you have now configured an API Application in Halo PSA to establish a data integration with LCI. Additionally, you have captured the following information that needs to be input into LCI:
- Client ID (Step 6)
- Client Secret (Step 6)
- Resource Server (Step 11)
- Authorization Server (Step 11)
- Tenant (Step 11)
You are ready to configure LCI!
Lifecycle Insights Configuration
3. Next, please fill in the form
4. Click Test Settings. You should see a message 'Connection Successful.' If you do not, please email us.
5. Click Save Settings.
6. Click on the tab called Link Companies to IT GLUE
On this tab, you must match any of your active companies from IT Glue to companies from Syncro. It is this company matching that allows LCI to understand how tickets from Syncro are associated with companies from IT Glue.